Monday, January 17, 2005

Here I go again...

I tried to do a questionaire online the other day that dealt with religion. It asked a series of questions about your beliefs, etc, and then at the end it would pair you with a religion. I, however, did not make it to the end, in my case it was the second question, and if I am being entirely honest, the first question.

I have realized that as a consequence of questioning the Catholic church, as well as other organized religions, everything I have ever believed in has been thrown into question. When I am asked what do you believe happens when a person dies, I can think what I was taught in Catholic school, but since I am not sure about that, what can I say.

How do you know what to believe in regarding particulars about God and faith if you dont have a religion to tell you? What do I base my beliefs in?

As of now I am lost without a religion, and without a religion I don't know where that leaves me. What do I think will happen to me when I die? Is there still a pergatory? etc...

Up to this point I think I have leaned to heavily on the church to give me my beliefs, and now I don't seem to have anything to lean on. I blame this new realization on the questionaire and Mr.Anonymous...

3 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

Just to let you know I read your site. I am new at this blogging but wanted to see what others were thinking after the State of the Union message. For myself it reaffirmed my faith and trust in our President. Sure he has faults as we all do but I truly beleive is is trying and all I can say is I would not want the same responsibility.

As for wondering about where we go when we die?? I have just the site for you to visit. It will tell you three things. Where you came from, why you are here, and where you will go when you leave this life. I believe it and I think you should at least give it a try. Nothing ventured nothing gained. http://www.lds.org

You have a nice site and I will visit again. Like I said, I don't really know how to do this. Hope you get it. Take care and be happy.

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

Me again. Just practicing. :) Hope you don't mind. I just read your profile. You have many of the same interests as I do. I am old enough to be your grandmother. What do you know about that! I am married and have thirteen children. Now that is something isn't it. It is a yours mine and ours family. They are all grown with children and trying to be good parents. Sounds like you are way into school. That is great! A good education is important. Expand your mind in all things. Pride and Prejudice was a great book. I love music also. I lost my hearing two years ago though and can't make sense out of it anymore. I just had a Choclear Implant and can understand some conversation but not music. It's ok though. I am blessed in so much in life. Well I will not ramble on any more. Worked in the yard all day and am tired. I love to garden. My compost piles are ready to harvest and I am putting new made mulch on all my flower beds. I love it!!!!! It is kinda like raising children I guess. Trying to help them be healthy and happy. Good night. Sleep tight and take care.

treasurefield said...

I recommend reading the Bible through as you search for the Truth. Ask God to help you understand. C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity" is also a great help. Peace