Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Predicament

I am in a position that means I must set a good example. Therein lies part of the problem. Many in my profession find themselves out of a job because of what they have let loose on the waves of the internet. With the trend of society: journals like this, facebooks, my spaces', and personalized websites, all splatter the internet with personal information and photos. Am I supposed to hide myself away in the pages of a book or paper copy of a newspaper because I am afraid that something I say or pitcture on a page with offend someone, or make me seem like a bad example? Where does that leave me?? I must censor my language, censor my hobbies, censor my technological interests - all of these things because someone could take it the wrong way. How do I have a life but at the same time safeguard my self against harm?

No comments: