Monday, April 04, 2005

Certainty

Is anything certain in life? If you name something like God, you have to step back and say, well.... If you mention something like love, I will call you insane. Friendship - never certain. What about familial love? No I would have to say, it is not certain. Watch the news enough and you will agree.

Death...looks like it might be the only thing, but for the sake of this blog, we are going to temporarily disregard it after this admission.
Why can't anything be certain? Who knows right?

I find myself in an almost ever present state of worry, anxiety about the "dreaded" future. The what-ifs of life.... What if I am with the wrong guy. What if my parents die too soon. What if I lose the people I care about. What if I don't have any friends that care enough to work to maintain our friendship. What if I die young and never get to do the things in life I couldn't even begin to dream existed. What if my life is filled with so many what-ifs that what I am living now passes me by without me even knowing.

Too bad you can't stop thoughts sometimes. It would be nice.

juxtaposed against a starless sky against the backdrop of spring's new grass. my life, and the silence.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

i like that we can be thinking the same thoughts without ever talking to each other. and even though i don't always show you, i intend to make an effort in maintaining our friendship. and with the other stuff, sometimes what you need to do is pause a moment, take in a deep breath, and enjoy the fact that all those decisions and fears don't need to necessarily be addressed today. and sometimes all you need is a moment in order to feel better, to feel hopeful.